Quality Hotel in Youghal is delighted to let you know that we have been selected as a GOLD Winner in the YourDaysOut 2017 Awards.
Thank you everyone who voted for us! With thousands of votes for 161 entries across 9 categories, we came out on top!
This honour acknowledges the hard work of all at the hotel in delivering first-rate family breaks with great service.
We are thrilled to see so many winners in East Cork, AND Youghal has another winner, with Perks also picking up a Silver Award!
The team at YourDaysOut have created a brilliant user-friendly resource. There are easy searches, based on location and interests. Anyone can create a listing, promote an event or leave a review. Amazon’s analytics company, Alexa, have ranked them as the No.1 site in Ireland for families looking for fun things to do – and they have a growing and engaged social audience.
YourDaysOut are nominees for the Best Digital Start-Up 2017 in the eir Spiders awards next week. We wish them every success.
Here is a PRESS RELEASE from YourDaysOut
Revealed: Cork comes out on top in YourDaysOut Awards
We always knew that Cork is one of Ireland’s top destinations for family breaks and fun days out.
Now we have the proof!
Thousands of people recently voted in the YourDaysOut Awards and they recently announced the winners of the top things to do in Ireland.
The winners were selected following thousands of votes spread across 161 entries in 9 different categories.
Cork collected two GOLD awards with the Quality Hotel & Leisure Centre in Youghal picking up top prize for Best Family Break and Fota Wildlife Park winning the Best Zoo/Aquarium category.
Cork also picked up four Silver awards with Leisureplex, Clonakilty Park Adventure Centre, Perks Entertainment Centre and Cork Harbour Boat Tours proving the county really is the perfect choice for a family get-away.
Ciaran Dunne, co-founder of YourDaysOut said, “Ireland has some amazing things to do all over the island and YourDaysOut gives people an easier way to find information and businesses a simple, cost-effective way to reach them.”
“The competition was exciting to run. Being only a new company, but one that is growing very fast, it provided us with a great opportunity to ask our audience about their favourite days out.”
Research shows that one out of every five domestic holiday trips is families travelling with children (850,000 per annum) while one in ten overseas visitors are travelling with their family.
Tourists don’t make decisions in isolation and research nearby attractions when considering hotels, while the latest tourism barometer from Failte Ireland shows that marketing campaigns have helped business performance in 2017. *
YourDaysOut – recently nominated for an Eir Spider for Digital Start-Up – is a great place to start researching your next trip, birthday party or family break.
General Manager of the Quality Hotel & Leisure Centre in Cork, Allen McEnery said:
‘We are delighted and grateful to be a Gold Winner in the Your Days Out Awards. This honour acknowledges the hard work of all at the hotel in delivering first-rate family breaks. We thank all who voted for us. The team at Your Days Out have created a brilliant resource for people looking for fun things to do in Ireland and we wish them every success in their nomination for Best Digital Start-Up 2017 in the eir Spiders awards next week.’
FULL LIST OF WINNERS:
Each category has an overall Gold Winner and three Silver Runner-Ups.
- Gold: The Zone Extreme Activity Centre
- Silver: Carlingford Adventure Centre
- Silver: ODD, Cavan
- Silver: Clonakilty Park Adventure Centre
- Gold: Quality Hotel & Leisure Centre, Youghal
- Silver: Hidden Valley Holiday Park, Wicklow
- Silver: Delphi Lodge, Connemara
- Silver: Shamrock Lodge Hotel
- Gold: Jump Zone, Sandyford & Santry
- Silver: National Museums of Ireland
- Silver: Jumplanes Adventure Centre, Galway
- Silver: W5 Belfast
- Gold: Airbound, Louth
- Silver: Leisureplex Dublin & Cork
- Silver: FitZone Clontarf & Leopardstown
- Silver: Perks Entertainment Centre, Youghal
- Gold: Kia Ora Mini Farm, Wexford
- Silver: Clonfert Pet Farm, Kildare
- Silver: Barrontop Farm, Strabane
- Silver: Ardmore Open Farm, Waterford
- Gold: The Playcentre, Cavan
- Silver: Base Entertainment Centre, Kildare
- Silver: Puddenhill Activity Centre, Meath
- Silver: Funky Monkeys Clare Hall & Dundrum
- Gold: Castlecomer Discovery Park
- Silver: SkyPark, Carlingford
- Silver: Delphi Lodge, Connemara
- Silver: Tayto Park
- Gold: Funtasia, Drogheda
- Silver: Aquazone, Dublin
- Silver: Cork Harbour Boat Tours
- Silver: AquaDome, Kerry
- Gold: Fota Wildlife Park, Cork
- Silver: Dublin Zoo
- Silver: Secret Valley Wildlife Park, Wexford
- Silver: National Reptile Zoo
*Failte Ireland Tourism Barometer September 2017